Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Never Seconds

    The blog called Never Seconds is an inspiring blog by a Scottish girl named Martha Payne. She posts about her thoughts and experiences of eating meals at many places.


 Please take a look at it when you have time.


  • What do you think of Martha Payne and what she accomplished?


At first I thought of what I was doing at her age. I was an ordinary girl going to school and doing the same thing everyday like to hangout or do my homework. I realized how incredible she was and how talented to come up with all the ideas she had and all the food on her blog looks very good.
At her age, not many girls could come up with such ideas so I respect her very much.


  • What are your memories of your school lunches?
Either my mom made me simple lunch or I ate the cafeteria lunch which I enjoyed more than my mothers. My favorite cafeteria lunch was changed weekly. My favorite cafeteria lunch was bean and cheese burrito from the famous TACO BELL and pepperoni pizza from the famous PIZZA HUT.

  • Did you feel that you had any input on the nature or quality of your school lunches?
Besides the main dish, there was also salad and fruits along with the burritos and pizzas so I believe those vegetables and fruits were from the local farmers market.

  • What do you think of the dining facilities at AGU and how do you think they can be improved?
I am terribly dissapointed about the fact that TONKOTSU Ramen is now gone from the 290yen ramen menu and also, there are no spaghettis. I would rather eat my food in the newer cafeteria than the older one. The atmosphere of the newer cafeteria is much brighter and cleaner than the older one. I loose my appetite when I eat in the older cafeteria.

  • What creative way(s) do you think we (individually or as AGU students) can help others in the world less fortunate than us...especially in connection to food?
We can volunteer at the farmers market held every weekend at the UN university in front of our school.They have many organic food but a little pricy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed that your school cafeteria offered food from TACO BELL and PIZZA HUT. What is this world coming to?

    I wonder if you've volunteered at the farmers market that's held in front of our school on weekends. I'm glad you know of that opportunity. It's good that they host animal welfare NPOs there as well...another volunteer possibility.

    ReplyDelete